Mad Phil Media follows Geoff Anderson and Simon Penn as they chase Permit along the isolated beaches of Western Australia’s Kimberley region in this trailer for Heads or Tails.
I guess these are the same fish as caught by our intrepid BarJack below. I can’t imagine the Pacific has two species of permit, right?
If you care about bonefish, or tarpon, or permit, you need to join Bonefish & Tarpon Trust. And, as an added incentive they’re giving away a prize to new members only worth tens of thousands of (U.S.) dollars! They ran a sweepstakes last year (2010) and it raised so many new member that they’re doing it again. It’s a WIN-WIN-WIN. The Trust gets funding to continue their good work, the tarpon, bonefish (and permit) benefit from their research, and you get a shot at a sweet, sweet fishing machine.
What’s in it for you:
1. You get to support a great organization: B&TT performs/funds much needed research into the life-cycles, habits, and conservation of our favorite flat’s species. This includes research that helps us understand how to properly fight, land, and release our beloved fish. They are also involved in raising public awareness through shows like Buccaneers & Bones (see trailer below).
2. You get the opportunity to win a Hell’s Bay Waterman complete with Evinrude motor.
3. You get great deals on DVD’s, tackle, and other B&TT gear depending on which level of membership you sign up for.
So, don’t wait. Sign up now†!
†Full disclosure here, I haven’t signed up yet, but I’m going to as soon as I get an actual $100. This is first on the list, even before new tackle, hooks for flies, or more fly fishing DVD’s. Pinky swear.
How does one capture the silence, the light, the sense of space, and of course, the often high-paced action of fly fishing in the tropics? How, especially, in one film? Here is one of my early tries. (And, yes, I do have a better camera now.)
Here’s a sample of the variety available in the Cayman Islands, all on foot, by the way. Snook, bonefish, jacks, and permit: it’s all here.
- Abja, Crucial Confessions, Inna Red I Hour
- NiyoRah, Thinking About My Life, A Different Age
- Habib Koité, Wassiye, Putumayo Presents: Africa
- Nathan Herrera, Calle Peral